Monday 3 May 2010

Evaluation question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Our main focus when doing our preliminar task was to fit in certain camera angles. With this being a success we produced the film pening sequence. I have learnt alot in this time that will help me in future media projects. Over the course of the project m knowledge of camera angles and shots has improved vastly. I began with a basic understanding of such shots as close up and mid shots, however know i have learnt establishing shots, low angle shots and piont of view shots through the production of our product.

I have also learnt more than just a basic understanding of how the film production world works. I now realise the time it takes to get different scenes and shots right and the time that must be taken to get it right. The filming proccess took around 5 days of filming. The scene came to around 2 minutes 50 seconds and that shows the extent of time it would take to film a whole feature film.

The software we used to edit the footage was something i had never used before and as a result i had to learn many new skills involving that. I learnt how to cut and move around different parts of the fottage, edit and import music into the scene and use different colour filters whilst editing. I have realised the skill needed to create a media product, however if you practise that skill whilst producing a product it can become very familiar and easy.

Overall i have learnt alot since the preliminary task part of producing our final product. I have learnt new skills whilst editing and filming, whilst at the same time increasing my knowledge of the film industry itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment